Friday, August 20, 2010

impressions

This seems to be a week of impressions. By this I mean I think I'm trying so hard to make good impressions that I actually end up making bad ones. I accidentally knocked my new roommate's bobby pins down the sink drain and feel oddly obsessed and worried about it. I want to do so well in my classes that I feel frozen when it comes to starting the assignments. I want my creative writing professor to think I'm creative so badly, that I feel my introduction paper, which is meant to be brief and concise, will be entirely bland and will feel like an awkward ice breaker. Today Caleb told me the key is believing that I'm superstar(lol). I think I'm going to keep around more people that tell me nice things. It could have a subconscious, or even conscious effect on my negative outlook. I think I'll take the karma approach and start going out of my way to be nice to others. Who knows, their week could have been even shittier than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment