Monday, July 26, 2010

sense of self

Today I was in line at Sonic and I had this weird moment where I thought about how many Sonics there are in the world, and how there is something unique to every country, and what if the idea of sonic was an anamoly to someone in a different place? I thought about how many people hate America, and how it probably has to do with our insatiable, disgusting greed. And then I realized, I'm at a fast food restaurant right now, and I'm one of those people...every day. Then I thought about how our greed has to do with our time, and just how many people live in our world, and how trying to change their minds would be just about impossible. I thought about how if you looked down from outerspace, from the perspective of a greater being, we are like ants in the cracks of the concrete. I thought of us crawling in frenzy. Then I felt nauseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment