Monday, September 20, 2010

TVF/Charlie Daniels

I haven't been to the fair for two years and therefore was super stoked at the prospect of going this year. My excuse for not going these past couple of times has been lack of time, and lack of anyone that wanted to go with me. This year Micah agreed to go with me, so naturally I had this very ideal image of me walking around with a me-size teddy bear Micah won for me and putting away some cotton candy while contemplating riding the Himalya for the 10th time. I was oh so very wrong....

Micah and I couldn't find anyone to go with us. Everyone was doing something called "homework" so it turned into a "date." Only, not so much, because the tickets were free and we only paid for parking, and a few dollars for saratoga chips(YUM) and a caramel apple. Micah didn't want to rde the rides because the tickets were too expensive, and I didn't want to ride alone. Lauren and I used to be fair addicts. Our parents would drop us off with 4o bucks and we'd buy an unlimited ride wristband and as much cheap jewelry and fried food as we could with the remainder. So...In light of my past fair experiences, I was initially disappointed.


HOWEVER.

We did meet Charlie Daniels.


And watched his entire show from backstage, just feet away from Philip Fulmer.Have I ever mentioned my dad has the most awesome radio job in the whole world? And is the shit in general? I will never have anything bad to say about him or his occupation as radio-expert-of-the-world.

I also forgot to mentioned that I petted a little chick and duckie at the petting zoo. And have decided I will one day own an alpaca.


Lastly, I raided all my moms records last night and must now recommend one of my mothers favorite songs from the 70s(if you know my mom, prepare to crack up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONXQbbJJLuM&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment