Sunday, September 26, 2010

Quitting Retail and Getting a Nose Ring

First of all, I'm not sure why I capitalized the title of this post, considering the fact that I never do that. Anyway, I am finally done with Godiva, and though I will miss endless amounts of chocolate, here are the things I will not miss:

-screaming children
-parents who allow their children to scream
-parents who tell their kids the gems are samples
-parents who act like kids
-frat guys assuring me they aren't gay
-people who wont get off their cell phone
-people who dont use words, only gestures
-people who assume I'm their personal slave
-people calling truffles "balls"
-people who scream at me about the prices(that I don't make)
-being underpaid and under-appreciated
-being a target because I didn't drop out of school for retail
-people who grab strawberries with their bare hands and then decide not to buy them
-old people who think im stealing their identity when i ask to sign them up for the rewards club
-freezing my ass off
-washing dishes
-being harassed for samples(by people who never buy anything)
-people who look at me like im retarded when i say hello, can I help you with anything?
-people in general
-corporate bullshit
-hating christmas by the time christmas comes
-people literally fighting over who gets the last Godiva bear at Christmas
-staying late at the mall for holiday hours
-getting yelled at because your grandkids wont get their chocolate santa, because you waited until Christmas Eve and we're out
-getting asked if we sell coffee
-getting asked what a "dehcaydense"(decadence) is
-hearing it pronounced Go-dee-vuh
-hearing people say" Five dollars for a strawburry! I can go ta Walmart and get some burries 'n Hersheys for halfa that!"
-the girl who thinks we are Starbucks and orders "A Dark Chocolate Decadence with light caramel, light ice, no whip, and chocolate instead of caramel syrup in the cup"

So, in honor of potentially losing five pounds due to no more Godiva, I got a new nose ring. It is a hoop, which I've always wanted but couldnt have because Godiva wouldn't let me. My hole grew crooked and really small because I was retarded and messed with it too soon while it was healing when I first got it. So, because of this, the girl had to essentially guage my hole two sizes bigger.Which hurt. A lot. Way more then when I got it pierced. BUT Saint Tattoo is awesome and very helpful and I'd do it all again. Check out how cute it is! :]

3 comments:

  1. I'm dying because all of your points are so hilariously accurate. I'm so glad you're done too!

    Most painful Godiva fault of all: COUPLES WHO MAKE-OUT IN FRONT OF YOU WHILE YOU WATCH AND PATIENTLY WAIT FOR THEIR ORDER.

    I felt like it needed to be in all caps. Seriously, mall folk...what planet do they come from.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha I knew you would appreciate this. and yes! Thats one i totally forgot! Who knew buying chocolate was such an intimate experience...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like your nose ring! it really suits you :)

    oh and agreed, all your points made me laugh cause i work at Laura Secord which is like a Godiva in Canada haha.

    ReplyDelete