Sunday, September 12, 2010

socially awkward

Examples of how I have been robbed of any social grace by graphic design.


No one understand when I say things like:

"Whoa, look that the weight of that stroke in the L, how beautiful!"

"The disconnect of the juncture in that P makes the letterform really open"

"You overused Helvetica"

"The stroke around that letterform really detracts from it's elegance"

"The negative space isn't activated in this composition"

"But what is this SAYING"

So no one should be surprised that today when I ran into an old high school classmate at Panera, I had literally nothing to say. She started asking me about my job(where I was headed after grabbing my bagel). There were painful silences where I should've been making small talk, so I asked,"So, how was rush?" She said, "...I'm not in a sorority." I naturally assume that anyone more popular that me at my private high school is in a sorority now.

She adds, "I am a Young Life leader"

My famous response: "Oh....that's...productive"

They shouldn't let me outside of the A&A building.ever. I have all the bagels and socially awkward arty friends I could ever need right there.

2 comments:

  1. should i post this comment in chinese?

    keep blogging. it makes me happy to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, due to the spam filter blogger JUST installed, I have increasingly fewer comments in foreign languages. I am glad to make you happy :]

    ReplyDelete