Wednesday, September 2, 2009

from a brown desk in a moldy apartment


There actually is mold in our apartment. It's underneath the century-old upholstered chair in the "living room" which is actually more or less a dumping ground for my suite mate's Japanese paraphernalia. Mostly of the food nature.My roomie, Meghan, doesn't really have a lot of dishes because her diet consists of Danimals and provolone cheese. I'm actually surprised the living room isn't cluttered with my things, because I am probably the 3rd most disorganized person I know. Number one being my seventh grade teacher, Mr.Rogers. He wore beige sweaters and had long greasy hair and took so many tangents in his lectures you'd start at the Civil War and end at the benefits of Vitamin C. I actually don't know who number two is. Maybe my dad. He likes to bury himself amongst his wires and radios and such, kind of like a safety blanket, I think. I do the same thing only with bottle caps, scrap papers, labels, shoes, etc, etc. I feel like my possessions are not really inanimate but maybe love me back just a little...

I'm excited about Design 251 because I now get to research jellyfish. I don't really feel like elaborating as to the reason. I have begun to draw jellyfish and other sea creatures on everything. Lauren's hand, my notes, Meghan's notes. I give them all mouths and eyes. Most of them are smoking. One had an afro. I feel compelled to give facial features to each and every one. Maybe it's a complex..

So in summation(don't you hate when people say that?) I don't know what to think about this semester yet. I still like my major. I dig my boyfriend, but not the way he squeezes the toothpaste tube,and I hate Andy Holt. The documentary "Dancing Outlaw" recently changed my life. I'm currently getting through Art:21 documentaries produced by PBS and "The Raw Shark Texts" as recommended by the demure and lovely Leah.

Now I'm off to pasta night at the Berry household, dragging Micah kicking and screaming behind me.

~P




No comments:

Post a Comment