Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dear Rachel the barista at Panera,

There was once a time that we bonded over the fact that you "really liked my eyelashes" and I didn't even think you were weird for saying something like that. In fact I was overly appreciative and told you where to get my mascara. You have provided me with numerous bagels in the past, always sliced, not toasted-just the way I like it.

But today, you wronged me.

I clearly said " A dutch apple and raisin with hazelnut cream cheese"

But once at work, to my horror I noticed a small tub of reduced fat plain cream cheese sat in the bottom of that brown paper bag. Plain cream cheese tastes nothing like the flavor explosion of hazelnut. Perhaps it even insinuates that you think I need to cut back on my fat intake, Rachel. I am hurt...scarred, even.

I ate it anyway, Rachel. But it was sad, and I was unable to enjoy the moist goodness of my baked treat. I thought we had an understanding, maybe even something like a friendship.

I was wrong, so very wrong.
I'll forgive you one day, Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment