Monday, November 8, 2010

truck stop

For a book I'm making for typography, I had to photograph some trucks at a truck stop.I approached a truck driver and asked him if I could photograph his rig(notice my clever, discreet, and awkwardly placed jargon) and he replied in broken English "I get in truck?" He was an adorable older man of probably 70 and of eastern eurpean decent. I photographed for a couple of minutes and took many secret photos of him before realizing I had it on some super funky shutter speed that made every picture look practically white. I took a few more but he had caught onto my shady ways and steered clear of the frame. Afterward,I stood on the sidewalk and photographed the lot of parked trucks and incoming trucks. This attracted lots of attention from the eager truck drivers who probably hadn't had sex since forever and waved so hard at me I'm surprised their arms didn't fall off. There was one in particular that was quite adamant in his gestures that Sara and I come socialize.It wasn't long before he started walking toward our car. We quickly made our getaway lest we become the latest kidnap/rape headline. God forbid that these shots don't turn out and I have to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment