Sunday, November 15, 2009

the public library

Is one of my favorite places to fall into a different world.
A place that appears so quiet, is a actually full of interest.

Everyone turns and looks at my as I walk in. Micah says I'm paranoid , but I think it's because they watched me try to parallel park out front for 5 minutes.

No sooner had I pushed through those thick glass doors, I hear the piercing shout of my favorite library regular. The following will sound like I'm making fun, but I really am not. This guy has some form of turrets that causes him to involuntarily cry out every few minutes. I have heard him speak conversationally as well, and he is very laid back. I started thinking about why he would frequent the library, a place known for quiet, where his outburst would be so evident. It's because everyone is so determined to maintain composure and solitude,that he can exist there without being questioned or approached. A library is not a place of conflict or confrontation. Sometimes I want to trade places with him.

I came to find a book on Edvard Munch, to replicate one of his paintings, with little luck. There were a couple of volumes, neither very great. I snatched a Chagall instead of the Kandinksy I had been searching for. Every time I hear his name I can't help but think of that Weepies song.And then I think of that summer....

anyway.

picked up CDs which I am currently importing instead of studying for my lab final.
the artists are as follows:
Elvis Costello
Cat Power
Johnny Cash
The Notwist
The Strokes
Sonic Youth
Rilo Kiley
Hector Qirko(I am convinced he taught my cultural anthropology class)

At work I looked into a manatee research internship and an art internship at Cosmo...not really feeling qualified for either...

NFL takes Micah away from me every Sunday. blah.

night.






No comments:

Post a Comment