Saturday, November 7, 2009

boring

Micah is out of town and as a result, I've been eating more chocolate and watching very lame television programming. I feel really antsy. I need to be doing something with my hands at all times. Most of the time this manifests itself in the form of me picking at my eyebrows until they are crunchy from blunt ends. I know this is gross. It makes me feel less guilty to just come out and admit that I do it.

I don't want to think that I depend on Micah to an unhealthy extent...but I think it is really in my nature to need company. I find that alone, I am faced with the thoughts I usually keep tucked away. I don't like to think about unpleasant things because it just starts a trail of negativity in my brain. Inevitably, I will dream about whatever is bothering me in my waking life. So why see my problems with my eyes open?

It's late, and this is exactly why I'm being introspective. That's what happens when I'm late. I also face-stalk. Very unhealthy. Very embarassing stuff. But, I am only human, and thus very curious, and slightly self-deprecating.So, I have to have an outlet to provoke these emotions, you see.

I've been looking at alot of interesting designers, an upside to my time alone. Checking out James Victore, Sandra Suy,Gabriel Moreno, and John Madea.

I found an image by John Maeda that pretty much sums up what I feel 100 percent of the time.

I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the need to enhance my visual world as well as somehow vindicate my material world. I can't swallow politics, green solutions, religion, relationships, philosophy, and heaven forbid,trends,in one gulp.

I guess that just means it's time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment