Tuesday, March 15, 2011

basically, I'm sexist.

I feel terrible admitting this, but I have somehow become sexist against my own gender. Not in all scenarios. Really what I'm referring to are women vocalists. I guarantee you that if Florence + the Machine, Adele, or Wye Oak(which I can almost make an exception for) were men, they would all be heavily rotated in my itunes playlist. I realize how literally insane this is, since I'm a female vocalist myself, but I just can't take them seriously. I want to blame it on jealousy, that would be easiest. But I honestly have no idea what has happened to my feminist notions.Maybe all the newbies to the scene just have me underwhelmed from being overwhelmed. Now of course there are some major exceptions I'll make, like for say, Judy Collins, Joni Mitchell, Aretha, Diana Ross. You know, ladies with street cred.

I'm so ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. um... I kind of completely agree and I like it.
    I like how you think, yo.

    ReplyDelete