Monday, February 21, 2011

cupcake love

As I may have stated before, I love cupcakes. I am clinging on to the cupcake trend for dear life, that is until my love of frozen yogurt and the plethora of frozen yogurt places in Knoxville sways my affections.But alas, I am incapable of making frozen yogurt. However, I can make some kick ass baked goods. As shown below:


Aztec Style Cupcakes:

Scratch-made Deep Dark Chocolate Cake with Mexican Hot Chocolate Frosting topped with a dusting of confectioners sugar(placed beneath the frosting, warning the buttercream didn't want to stick to the sugar...but it looked pretty) and a hand made dark chocolate topper. The only modification I made to the recipe was that I added a pinch of cayenne pepper to the frosting. Even then it wasn't as spicy as I would like it, but not everyone likes spicy so I held back. I have to give props to the cake recipe, it was done exactly at the recommended stop time, 15 minutes.

This is my best cupcake venture thus far. Melt in your mouth good, incredibly rich. Crappy Blackberry pics to be replaced with better quality soon.


leftover batter resulted in this cute little bundt.


crappy photo, delicious cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. why am I not in town to consume one of these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will remake them for when you come back! I want to tweak the frosting to be spicier anyway.

    ReplyDelete