Wednesday, May 26, 2010

this is me pretending my updates are important...

news: I PASSED GRAPHIC DESIGN PORTFOLIO.

To those who don't know me, this is one of the single most important achievements in my life. I worked my ass off, and presented a year's worth of work in about ten minutes which determined the course of the next two years, if not the rest of my life. For a while I wasn't sure if I had what it took. It was an emotional rollercoaster of trust and distrust between myself and my creative abilities, and I feel like I've now proved myself, to myself, if you will. The possibilites for my art seem limitless now, and I couldn't be happier.

It seems summer is finally here, arriving much more slowly than I would have preferred. I haven't really done anything except watch Micah and his friends play video games, hang out, and go to work. I took just about forever to unpack my things into my room. This is mostly because I'm a hopeless knick knacker(this sounds better than potential hoarder) and finding a place for everything, especially amongst my endless art supplies, seems daunting at best.

It seems that atthe start of a new season, I should seek out change a bit more actively than I have in the past few busy months. The following are a list of goals to achieve this summer.

1. Read. A lot. Mostly classics, but some brain candy is allowed. And return the books to the library by the due date(and have read them by then).

2. Bake. Not excessively, as this will conflict with the following guideline, but some raspberry lemon cupcakes are most definitely in order.

3. Accept others. Let go of the negativity that might linger from previously existing situations. Make peace with the present.

4. Bike. Drag Leah along if she will agree, and if she won't, chain her to the handlebars so she can't possibly protest the constant whining that accompanies going uphill.

5. Photograph. Especially with the Diana +, but also with the Brownie and 8mm recorder if parts and film are available.

6.Get a haircut.The asymetrical look is getting old.

7. Paint Nails. Often, and without letting them get jacked up as per most nail painting incidents.

8. Expand Design infuences through research.

9.Travel. To Asheville, to Nashville, and to CA, if a plane ticket and some couches become available.

10. Write Letters. No one gets snail mail, but who doesn't love a good letter and I have stationary coming out of my ears.

11. Make a habit of writing, and writing well. No English or writing for school in 2 years is beginning to take it's toll.

12.Run with Nilla. Maybe. I feel like this could be expecting too much of myself.....or well, of Nilla's attention span.

13. Did I mention letting go of negativity? Nostalgia really cannot bring me down this summer.

14. Spend some time alone.

15.Save half of every paycheck.

16. Get a record player.

17.Study some apologetics.

18.Scour plenty of thrift stores.

19.Sponsor a manatee.

20.Begin ice dancing again.

21.Develop a taste for good wine and beer.

22.Lift others up.

23.Actually develop some of my photos.

24.Go to Ijams.

25.Buy a nice plant for my room and have it live for at least two months.

26. Write some sings, sing with other people. Hopefulllllyyyy get something going music-wise.

25.Be content despite inevitable change.


I guess that covers a good bit of ground. It's hard not to look at this list and think of the last summer list I made. The other seemed more ambitious, but it was also made at a time when I was being anything but realistic... I think this summer will be the summer to grow up...And I'm okay admitting that this is something I've yet to finish doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment